Where Can I Go to Get a Delicious and Quick San Diego Lunch in Under 30 Minutes?
“Anyone who has lost track of time when using a computer knows the propensity to dream, the urge to make dreams come true and the tendency to miss lunch.” -Tim Berners-Lee
We all have those days where our schedules are so tightly packed that we feel we don’t even have the time to eat, but that should never be the case! We need food. It gives us energy to keep us working efficiently through the whole day. As a student, I am only given a 30 minute time period to leave school, get lunch, eat, and return fast enough so that I’m on time for my next class period. So having to get lunch in under 30 minutes every school day, I know the fastest places to grab a quick, but still delicious, meal.
If you are craving a delicious but quick San Diego lunch and want to have a good sandwich…
Board n’ Brew
– Board n’ Brew is one of Del Mar’s gems, people come from all over to eat at this delicious restaurant. Not only is it a great place to grab some subs and head down to the beach, but it also offers the quick option of being able to text or call-in your order for pickup, and it should be ready in 10-15 minutes and all you have to do is pay. (Make sure to grab some extra sauce).
– Jersey Mike’s is one of the best sandwich places in san diego. They offer so many different style sandwiches with a family twist. It’s super quick and also offers the option to call-in your order. Just make sure to get your sandwich “mike’s way!”
Corner House Cafe
– Corner House Cafe offers great sandwiches alike Board n Brew, along with many other options such as acai bowls, soups, and others. You can call in your order and quickly pick it up.
If you are craving a quick San Diego lunch with something light…
– Beaming makes me feel like a healthy new person as soon as I walk in. They offer an abundance of healthy options such as juices, smoothies, salads, and other snacks. Everything in the shop is vegan, and they are super quick, so you can easily just grab something to go.
If you are craving a quick San Diego lunch coffee pick-me-up…
– Starbucks drive-through is one of the best inventions ever made. It is super quick and easy and has never taken me more than 10 minutes. Grab a quick caffeine boost and snack to keep you moving through the day.
If you are craving a San Diego lunch at a fast Mexican restaurant…
– Chipotle did scare me off after their E-coli outbreak, but I do believe they are clean now. Chipotle offers delicious burritos, burrito bowls, quesadillas, all build-it-yourself style, and I am happy to hear that they now offer a call-in option also!
– Rubio’s is your basic Mexican fast food that always shows to please. I’ve loved every meal I’ve ever eaten from Rubio’s and it is always quick.
– Kotija gets pretty busy during lunch hours, so you definitely should call your order in before you go, but it is worth it, offering authentic mexican food that will surely satisfy your hunger.
– Los Primos is somewhat new, but I have already been there enough to say it offers some of the best mexican food I’ve had, the burritos are massive and the tacos and taquitos are to die for. You are also able to call-in your order for a quick pickup.
If you want some a quick San Diego lunch that includes raw and organic options…
– Whole Foods is my go-to, offering delicious sandwiches, pizza, sushi, salad bar, soups, and so much other food. For lunch, make sure to go in the 15 items-or-less line for a quick purchase.
If you are craving a fast lunch that has something a little different…
– The best Chinese fast food is by far Panda Express. It may sound funny, but I crave Panda Express often. It’s super quick and always good.
– This mom-and-pop restaurant is so delicious. My friends and I go in there for lunch and get the “2 slices of pizza and a drink” option for $5 in under 5 minutes; it’s an ultimate go-to.
I hope you enjoy this list of my favorite places quick San Diego lunch places. You can get a delicious meal in a short amount of time! Almost all of these places offer the option to call-in your order for a quick pick-up and make it easy for you to make it on time to wherever you need to go without having to skip a meal!