The San Diego Zoo Provides All Day Fun and Entertainment
“Life is a zoo in a jungle.” -Peter De Vries
For one hundred years now the San Diego Zoo has been providing visitors an unforgettable experience. From morning tours with the pandas to 4D theater movies and the Skyfari, San Diego Zoo has something for everyone! My son and I visited San Diego almost two years ago now and the zoo was top on the “things to do in San Diego” list I came up with prior to our trip, so we had to visit. We had a wonderful day trip to the zoo, but did not get to see a lot of the animals we wanted. So a few weeks ago, my son Ky and I went back to take it all in again. Here is five reasons why I love the San Diego Zoo:
1. Interactive, Easy-To-Use Website. San Diego Zoo has an incredibly user-friendly website that allows you to purchase zoo day passes, view live cameras of the animals in real time, and plan out your day in the zoo.There is a lot of great information on the website about getting around the park, hours, and directions to the zoo. You can virtually adopt an animal via the site, and also shop around for your favorite memorabilia. I use this website every time I am planning a trip to the zoo to take the hassle and stress out of the planning process.
2. Short Lines. From the gate (which I skip when I order tickets online) to the panda exhibit, the lines are all relatively short! My son and I recently went on a holiday where he had the day off of school on a Monday, and I figured it would be crowded. We only had to wait about 20 minutes to see the pandas that we missed our first trip to the zoo, and we had no lines for the other exhibits! We love using the map and planning out our top animals to see for the day!
3. Skyfari Aerial Tram. From 10am to 5pm an aerial tram takes visitors back and forth from one side of the park to the other. My son and I love walking to see animals on one whole side of the zoo, and then taking the tram back to the front and starting down the other side! It’s a fun ride in the sky, and always makes you feel extra special!
4. Animal Close Ups. You can get so close to the animals at the San Diego Zoo! In the panda exhibit, we got within a few feet of the pandas, looking down at them eating leaves peacefully! The polar bear tank has an underground area where you can see them swimming if their not resting on the top! When my Ky and I went, the polar bears were swimming past right as we came by! You can go on VIP excursions to get hands-on experience with an animal or view it all from your seat on a Kangaroo Bus. The San Diego Zoo even has a petting section, where you can enter an area and pet all sorts of animals that are walking around! We love going in this area and taking selfies with the goats!
5. Amenities. The amenities at the San Diego Zoo are the best of any zoo I’ve ever been to. There are restrooms in all the most convenient locations, and great food nearby too! They have VIP experience areas, for those wanting to make their day an extraordinary one. The gift shops are spread out next to all of the different areas, and the customer service is second to none! We always love our time at the San Diego Zoo!
Whether you’re looking for a fun place to spend just a few hours in San Diego, or wanting to treat your family to a full day with the animals filled with VIP tours and interactive events, the San Diego Zoo is the place to go! Check out their website, and make sure to book your trip to the zoo soon!