From the amazing views, to some of the best movies, and revolutionary watching experience, we’ve had so much fun at the Rooftop Cinema Club San Diego this Summer. And now, we are so excited to hear that they just released their Fall schedule!
Rooftop Cinema Club San Diego is set to roll out weekend twin bills and a Halloween Spooktacular
Highlights include Tom Cruise in Top Gun and Cocktail Sept. 22; Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom Sept. 29, a Back to the Future double-dip on Oct. 6, a musical showcase with Selena and Grease 2 on Oct. 20, and a pre-Halloween witches brew featuring Hocus Pocus and The Witches on Oct. 27.
Rooftop Cinema Club at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, already the hippest place in San Diego to take in a movie under the stars, has upped the ante and doubled the fun by adding twin bills to its Friday and Saturday-night lineups. Beginning this Friday (Sept. 14), Rooftop Cinema Club is now screening two movies each on Friday and Saturday nights. The early showing will begin after sunset (approximately 7 p.m.), with the late showing scheduled to roll off the projector at approximately 9:30 p.m. Separate admissions are required.
The first twin bill, scheduled for this Friday, Sept. 14, will celebrate Women in Film when Nicole Kidman takes the screen in the romance drama MOULIN ROUGE! at 7, followed by LADY BIRD, starring Saoirse Ronan, at 9:30. The following night (Saturday, Sept. 15) features a great musical double-dip with the timeless cult-classic GREASE, starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, at 7, before Hugh Jackman takes the screen as P.T. Barnum in THE GREATEST SHOWMAN at 9:30.
A host of entertaining twin bills await San Diego cinema fans at Rooftop Cinema Club throughout the months of September and October. The lineup includes PRETTY IN PINK starring Molly Ringwald on Friday, Sept. 21 at 7, and Anthony Michael Hall in WEIRD SCIENCE at 9:30. Tom Cruise makes his return to the Grand Hyatt rooftop on Sept. 22 with an encore performance of TOP GUN at 7, followed by COCKTAIL at 9:30. Harrison Ford makes his long-awaited Rooftop Cinema Club debut on Sept. 29 with RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK at 7 and INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM at 9:30, and Michael J. Fox anchors a Rooftop Cinema Club throwback night on Oct. 6 with the original BACK TO THE FUTURE at 7, followed by the sequel, BACK TO THE FUTURE II, at 9:30. And musical fans are in for a true treat on Saturday, Oct. 20 when Jennifer Lopez takes the screen portraying Tejano music star Selena Quintanilla-Perez in SELENA at 7 as the front half of a double-dip that concludes with the sequel to the original Grease, GREASE II at 9:30.
And speaking of treats, local cinema fans attending Rooftop Cinema Club San Diego will be treated to a thrilling lineup of sorceress and horror films leading up to Halloween night. A classic witches brew will stir over a warm fire on Saturday, Oct. 27 with a twin-bill that takes off on its broomstick with Bette Midler in HOCUS POCUS at 7 followed by Anjelica Houston in THE WITCHES at 9:30. They will set the stage for back-to-back nights of shrieks and screams as Anthony Hopkins portrays the infamous Dr. Hannibal Lecter in THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS on Tuesday, Oct. 30, before the curtain drops on Michael Myers in the original slasher-thriller, HALLOWEEN, on its namesake night on Oct. 31.
The complete Rooftop Cinema Club San Diego schedule through Oct. 31 is below. Twin bill nights are denoted with an (#).
· Wednesday, Sept. 12 Thelma & Louise
· Thursday, Sept. 13 Deadpool 2
· Friday, Sept. 14 Moulin Rouge! #
· Friday, Sept. 14 Lady Bird #
· Saturday, Sept. 15 Grease #
· Saturday, Sept. 15 The Greatest Showman #
· Tuesday, Sept. 18 Isle of Dogs
· Wednesday, Sept. 19 Pulp Fiction
· Thursday, Sept. 20 Coming to America
· Friday, Sept. 21 Pretty in Pink #
· Friday, Sept. 21 Weird Science #
· Saturday, Sept. 22 Top Gun #
· Saturday, Sept. 22 Cocktail #
· Tuesday, Sept. 25 Black Panther
· Wednesday, Sept. 26 Casablanca
· Thursday, Sept. 27 The Big Lebowski
· Friday, Sept. 28 A Quiet Place #
· Friday, Sept. 28 The Greatest Showman #
· Saturday, Sept. 29 Raiders of the Lost Ark #
· Saturday, Sept. 29 Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom #
· Tuesday, Oct. 2 Ghostbusters
· Wednesday, Oct. 3 Get Out
· Thursday, Oct. 4 Top Gun
· Friday, Oct. 5 Pretty Woman #
· Friday, Oct. 5 Dirty Dancing #
· Saturday, Oct. 6 Back to the Future #
· Saturday, Oct. 6 Back to the Future II #
· Tuesday, Oct. 9 Romeo and Juliet
· Wednesday, Oct. 10 The Neverending Story
· Thursday, Oct. 11 Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless
· Friday, Oct. 12 Cruel Intentions #
· Friday, Oct. 12 Leon The Professional #
· Saturday, Oct. 13 The Princess Bride #
· Saturday, Oct. 13 La La Land #
· Tuesday, Oct. 16 A League of Their Own
· Wednesday, Oct. 17 Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
· Thursday, Oct. 18 Up
· Friday, Oct. 19 Never Been Kissed #
· Friday, Oct. 19 10 Things I Hate About You #
· Saturday, Oct. 20 Selena #
· Saturday, Oct. 20 Grease 2 #
· Tuesday, Oct. 23 Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
· Wednesday, Oct. 24 Tombstone
· Thursday, Oct. 25 Top Gun
· Friday, Oct. 26 Beetlejuice #
· Friday, Oct. 26 Scream #
· Saturday, Oct. 27 Hocus Pocus #
· Saturday, Oct. 27 The Witches #
· Tuesday, Oct. 30 The Silence of the Lambs
· Wednesday, Oct. 31 Halloween
# – For twin bills, early showings begin after sunset (approximately 7 p.m.) and late showings begin at 9:30 p.m. – Separate admission required.
All other showings begin after sunset. Start times may vary.
(Rooftop Cinema Club is dark on Sundays and Mondays)
An exciting new addition to San Diego’s nightlife scene, Rooftop Cinema Club is re-defining the outdoor movie-watching experience as guests are treated to state-of-the-art HD video, studio-quality wireless headphones, soft lounge-style deck chairs and cozy blankets for cool nights. Rooftop Cinema Club is the only place you’ll find great films, amazing food and top-shelf drinks while lounging among the Downtown San Diego skyline.
Rooftop Cinema Club’s food and drink menu is unlike any other. While the scent of delicious hot popcorn is inescapable, food offerings at the Rooftop Concession Stand include Ahi Poke Nachos, Fish Tacos, and Carne Asada Tacos and Nachos, while its beverage menu includes several signature cocktails and a host of craft-beer, IPA and wine options.
Rooftop Cinema Club is open to adults 18-and-over. Ticket prices start at just $17 per person for a single deck-chair beneath the stars. For $20, you can receive a single deck-chair along with bottomless popcorn, and for just $24 each, a couple can enjoy a film in the comfort of a double love-seat while also enjoying bottomless popcorn.
Tickets for all Rooftop Cinema Club San Diego shows are available here. Seating is limited and tickets do sell out fast!! Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for all showings.
And for fans who drive themselves to the Rooftop Cinema Club, you can self-park in Manchester Grand Hyatt’s parking garage and receive a free four-hour validation (self-parking only) with any food or beverage purchase on-site, including the Rooftop Concession Stand (excluding candy and popcorn).
Rooftop Cinema Club guests can also come early or stay late and enjoy 15% off food and drink at one of Grand Hyatt San Diego’s many onsite restaurants. Sip signature cocktails 40 stories above San Diego bay at Top of the Hyatt, dine on locally sourced sustainable seafood at the waterfront Sally’s Fish House & Bar or sample San Diego’s finest craft beer selection at Brew30 California Taps. Discount only valid day of screening. Must present dated Rooftop Cinema Club ticket to redeem. Cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions.
You can also stay connected with RCC socially on Twitter (@RooftopCinema), Facebook (@rooftopcinemaclub) and Instagram (@rooftopcinemaclub) and with the hashtag #RooftopCinemaClub.